Done with a machine technique, freckles tattoos are placed on the high points of your face, where the sun would naturally hit you. They will look bold at first but heal softer, and can last 9-18 months.
Beauty marks are similar to freckles tattoos, but you can choose up to 3 placements for one session.
+ What to expect
- We will design your freckles according to your unique face, and you will have a chance to approve of their location before we begin.
- Your freckles/beauty marks will appear darker and more bold, and will lighten as they heal.
- Your skin may be slightly inflamed following the procedure, but should settle within a few hours.
- Gently rinse the tattooed area with room temperature water and clean hands. Use a gentle unscented hand soap to help remove any lymphatic fluid.
- Pat dry, and keep clean and dry until freckles are healed.
- Avoid makeup on the treated area until scabs have all naturally fallen off.
- Protect your freckles from steam and direct sunlight during the healing period.
+ Healing schedule
- Day 1: Freckles will appear dark and bold. Skin may be inflamed and blotchy for a few hours.
- Days 2-3: Freckles/beauty marks will form scabs.
- Days 4-5: Scabs will shed naturally. Do NOT pick or peel scabs, as this can lead to loss of pigment.
- Days 5-7: When scabs are completely gone, you can return to using makeup!
- Days 7-28: Softer, more natural color will develop as skin heals over the tattoo.
+ Before you book
- Do not exercise the day of your appointment or 5 days prior.
- Avoid blood thinning agents, including caffeine (yes, coffee!) the day of your appointment.
- You shouldn't book if:
- You are pregnant or nursing
- You have rosacea
- You use Accutane, Retinol/Trentinoin, or exfoliating acids
- You are diabetic or slow to heal wounds